Fingernail Fail!

Not every time dressing is smooth sailing. I remember this one time... I was home alone for the day, but we had a family dinner that evening. I did my usual thing, I got dressed and made up, and put on some false french-tip fingernails. I always wanted to try them! I took my pics as usual, then started to get undressed. I try to leave myself an hour or more to get cleaned up. As luck would have it though, my nail remover had dried up in the jar! I tried everything I could think of to get the nails off, but they wouldn't budge. I used polish remover, I filed them down, I applied heat, I pulled and fought with them. Nothing worked! I ended up clipping them short, then going to the pharmacy to get a new jar of nail remover. I was running out of time, so had to remove them in the car and drive straight to dinner. I still get hives just thinking about it!!!

Thanks


Comments

  1. That's a terrifying story! I would have been in total panic mode. I've been in situations where I have been working from home when a delivery arrives. I've had to run (as fast as I could in heels) to another room to avoid being spotted. I don't have any experience with makeup or nails though. That's a story I'm sure you can look back on and laugh about now, but I'm sure you were panicking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Panic barely begins to describe it!! I'm sure I shed years off my life that day! :)

      Delete
    2. But wait! No experience with makeup? What are you waiting for, gurl? There's a whole new world waiting for you!!! I'm sure your beautiful wife would be a tremendous help to get you started.

      Delete
    3. Baby steps! Haha. We've been shopping for a wig. Once we make a decision and that arrives... Yes, perhaps a lesson or two!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts